Here are my top 10 reasons why Library Nerds are the best kinds of teenagers:
10. They get my literary jokes.
9. They get just as offended as I do when someone says they "don't read."
8. We can freak out together on book-to-big-screen premiere days.
7. They can empathize with real people because of their "relationships" with fictional ones.
6. They think widely, always exploring new worlds and ideas.
5. They are passionate.
4. They have excellent problem-solving skills developed from figuring out how to carry five or more books home on the bus each weekend.
3. They know how to find information...like fandoms, blogs, twitter feeds, conferences, release dates...
2. They can hold a real, adult conversation while eloquently defending their stance on why Harry Potter is far superior to any other magical series ever written (or whatever their literary soapbox is for the day).
1. They teach me.
There you have it. The top 10 reasons why teens who hang out in the library are the best kinds of teenagers who will make the best kinds of adults. Much library love to you all!